Friday, January 1, 2010

White World

That white stuff just keeps falling and falling from the sky. Everything is covered with snow. When I look out the window, I can’t see a speck of green anywhere. A world covered with snow is just about the scariest thing I can imagine. If I were out there, where could I hide my pretty green feathers from a hungry hawk? I guess those dumb robins aren’t so dumb after all, with all their migrating south for the winter. They’re probably in some nice warm green place right now. And I am too. My cage is in a pretty green room and the furnace keeps it nice and warm. I have pellets and tangerines in my dish and I’m getting ready to snack on a jam-covered bagel. I’m so glad I have a warm, food-filled place to spend the winter. I’m glad I don’t to go anywhere near that scary snow.

No comments: