Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Useful Piece of Equipment

My person has a printer on her desk, right behind the computer, and I find it to be a very useful piece of equipment. For one thing, I can entertain myself for hours on end chewing the little plastic buttons that sit all along the left-hand edge of the printer’s top. That’s almost as much fun as chewing the little plastic buttons off the TV remote control, which is just about my all-time favorite thing to do. The other thing the printer is good for is that by climbing on top of it, I can reach the books that my person keeps behind it. So far, I’ve chewed along the top edges of several of the books and am working my way through the back cover of one of them. I’m almost half-way through with it now, and when I’m done with that, there will be the whole inside of the book to chew up! The other thing I can reach by standing on top of the printer is the pen holder. It’s really fun to pull pens out of the can and drop them behind the printer. And when I’m lucky enough to find a nice chewy wooden pencil in there, then I can really have a chew fest. Of course, when pencil splinters or stray pens or pieces of chewed-up book just happen to fall inside the printer, then there are paper jams and my person gets kind of upset. I don’t know why, though. I mean, it’s not as if the best part about a printer is the printing. There’s just so much more that you can do with it.