Saturday, December 6, 2008

Free Time

It may be hard to believe, but even a busy parrot like me gets some free time. Of course, I have to spend time everyday preening my pretty green feathers, and I have to devote a good part of the day to eating, too. Then, it’s my duty to keep an eye out for predators and to squawk as loud as I can if any come near. But despite this busy schedule, I do also get some free time every day. Usually, I choose to spend that time chewing things. My favorite things to chew are bottle caps and popsicle sticks. I chew them up, then drop the pieces in my food dish. That’s really fun to do. I love chewing books, too, whenever I can get my beak near one. However, those occasions are rare as my person is very protective of her books, so I really have to sneak to get near one. It’s the same with pencils. But I often get newspapers and paper bags to shred, and that’s fun. Chewing and shredding are great ways to spend some free time. What about you? How do you like to spend your free time?

No comments: