Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Story Time

As I’m sure I’ve mentioned before, I love to have stories read to me. My favorite book, of course, is If You Were a Parrot, by my favorite person, Katherine Rawson. But I like other stories, too. Recently my person has been reading Beatrix Potter stories to me. I just love the story of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle. You wouldn’t think a smart and beautiful parrot like myself would have anything in common with a hedgehog like Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle, but it turns out that she loves laundry just as much as I do. Of course, she likes the washing and ironing part, while my favorite part is climbing the piles of folded laundry and messing them all up. Still, laundry is laundry. Also, I think Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle is very brave to iron. Me, I’m really scared of the iron. It looks like a very mean and vicious thing. I suppose all those prickles Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle has one her back help her feel safe. Anyhow, I’m looking forward to hearing more Beatrix Potter stories and meeting more interesting creatures in them. What about you? Do you like Beatrix Potter? What are some of your favorite stories?

No comments: