Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Drinking

Now that the weather has turned cold and I can’t go outside in my carrier anymore, I have lots of time to sit inside and think. Recently I’ve been thinking about drinking. I think this is interesting because there are different ways to drink. Most of the time I drink water out of my water bottle. It hangs on the side of my cage and has a tube with a little ball inside. I push up the ball with my tongue and little drops of water come out. This is an OK way to drink, but not nearly as entertaining as drinking out of a glass. When my person is drinking from a glass, I pull on her ear until she lets me have a sip. Then I stick my head inside the glass and sip up the water with my tongue. It’s fun to drink this way. The other way to drink is when there is a cup of tea. I stand on the brim of the cup, dip my beak into the tea, and suck up a few drops at a time. It’s fun to try different ways to drink, don’t you think?

No comments: