Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Toaster Oven

Toaster ovens are funny things. At times they can be quite attractive. They make a lovely ticking sound and glow a nice warm orange and then - ding! - delicious hot toast pops out. But other times they can be dull as stone no matter what you do. Just this afternoon I tried to strike up a conversation with the toaster oven, but it just sat there in silence. Not one tick or ding did it make. I stared and stared through the glass window, but it was all dark and cold inside and I couldn't see any toast. I don't get it - so friendly and generous when it wants to be, but other times so aloof. We parrots aren't like that at all. We are very sociable creatures. True, sometimes we bite, but we always appreciate good company.

1 comment:

sometomato said...

I agree, Shadow! Parrots are very appreciative of good company - as well as good toast!

Miss Duke