Thursday, April 6, 2023

Beauty Tips

I am, as I frequently remark myself, a “pretty bird!” So I thought I’d share some of my beauty tips with you today.

Preening

I have posted about preening recently, and I can’t emphasize the importance of it enough. If you do nothing else, at least remember to preen your feathers every day. Preening keeps them clean, shiny, and waterproof.


Oatmeal Mask



If you happen to get some oatmeal stuck on your beak while eating breakfast, don’t worry. The oatmeal won’t hurt you and in fact is good for your complexion. When you’re ready to wipe it off, you’ll find that your person’s sleeve is a convenient place for that. Chewing along the edge of the newspaper that your person is reading will also do the trick.


Bathing


Frequent bathing is important for the health and beauty of your feathers. If you give your person a gentle reminder (nip on the ear) while he’s washing the dishes, he’ll fill a frying pan with water for you to bathe in. If there’s no frying pan around, use whatever is available – a saucer, a glass – as long as there’s water in it, you can bathe in it. 


Beauty Sleep

A rested bird is a healthy bird, and a healthy bird is a pretty bird! So make frequent naps a regular part of your daily beauty routine. It doesn’t matter where you nap – on your perch, in your person’s hair, wherever – just as long as you nap often. 

What are some of your favorite beauty tips? Please share them in the comments.

No comments: