Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I hope you have a very thankful day. This year, as always, I am thankful that I am a parrot and not a turkey. I am also thankful that I am not a dumb robin or some other outside bird hungrily poking around in the cold snow in case I might happen to find a piece of rotten fruit or a stray seed or some other tiny tidbit to eat but instead live inside in a nice warm cage with a full food dish even though my people don't let me out of the cage all the time but sometimes make me stay in there even when I want to get out and sit on their shoulders and bite their ears even though they are busy doing something else and then when I start squawking in protest, they shut the door to my room. But it's still a lot nicer than having to live outside in the cold snow and not have any people to love and feed you.

No comments: