Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Refrigerator

One of my readers, Dijon, posted an interesting comment about my recent post on sounds. Despite his being a dog, Dijon often has interesting things to say. In this case, he mentioned that the refrigerator door opening is one of his favorite sounds. I, too, am very interested in the opening of the refrigerator door, mostly because I know there is a bag of walnuts on its top shelf. So when my person opens the refrigerator, I always pay attention. Unfortunately, the opening of the refrigerator door doesn’t always result in my getting walnuts. Sometimes it does, but other times I have to nip my person’s ear to remind her. But even that doesn’t always work. Often my person says, “Just because I open the refrigerator door doesn’t mean you get walnuts.” But then she goes and takes out a treat for herself! People. You can’t live without them, but you can squawk at them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That happens to you, too? My person will go to the refrigerator and won't even notice I'm there. I wag, I tap dance my toes on the flagstone, and still, she closes the door and doesn't even see me. Yesterday, was really bad. She opened the refrigerator door and handed me a carrot.

Love,
Dijon.

Shadow said...

Personally I love carrots. However, their flavor is somewhat diminished when it's walnuts you're really hoping for.