Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I’ve Got Mail!

I often get asked questions about being a parrot, so today I thought I’d share some of the questions and answers with you.

Dear Shadow,
Why do you squawk so much?
Just Wondering

Dear Just Wondering,
The short answer is: I squawk because I’m a parrot. The long answer is: To communicate my feelings, needs, and desires. For example, I squawk if I see something scary looking, to let the rest of the flock know that danger is near. I squawk when I am happy because my person has come home or has put a seed treat in my dish. I squawk when I am angry. That’s usually when I am shut inside my cage and want to get out. These are just some of the reasons, but you can see how important squawking is to a parrot. It’s a very useful skill to have.

Dear Shadow,
You seem very youthful.
How old are you, anyway?
Curious

Dear Curious,
I was born in April of 1997, so I am almost 12 years old. That’s middle aged for a parrot of my species, but I have a very youthful spirit.

That’s all the mail I‘ll share for today. There will be more soon, so check back. If you have any questions for me, leave a comment or e mail me: parrot97 at earthlink dot net.

No comments: