Friday, December 23, 2011

Snow and Treats

It looks like more winter has arrived. There’s snow all over the place outside. My person says it’s not much more than a dusting, but the outside sure looks white to me, and that’s a very nerve-wracking situation for a little green parrot such as myself. It’s a good thing I don’t have to go out there. I happy to stay inside and enjoy one of my favorite winter treats—clementines. Yummy. There’s nothing quite so delicious as sucking the sweet juice out of a clementine. The fact that it’s clementine season kind of makes up for the snow and cold outside. Kind of. Also, my person baked gingerbread cookies, and they were delicious, too. Then Trouble was here and I got to eat some of her grapes. All in all, it’s been a good week for treats, so I guess I can’t complain too much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you looking for Trouble?

sometomato said...

Dear Shadow,
I agree with you about that snow. It looks pretty uncomfortable to me, too. When my person comes inside, or when the dog comes in - there is lots of cold air that comes in too. The dog is covered with that white stuff and shakes it all around! Brrrr....

Now about treats - my favorite - next to a walnut - is a pomegranate - and those are in season too! Come to think of it, there are lots of nuts around too. You are right! It is a good season for treats!