Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Under the Weather

No one likes being sick. However, we parrots know better than to let anyone know when we aren’t feeling well. I mean, just think what would happen if I were hanging out in the jungle acting all sick, and a predator saw me. It would know I was weak and unable to defend myself. So when we parrots feel sick, we always hide it. People, on the other hand, are a completely different story. My person, for example, has not been feeling well today and believe me, I know it. She spent the whole afternoon lounging on the sofa. The worst part of it was, she left me in my cage in the other room. I had to squawk quite a few times to remind her that I was all alone. Finally, she got up and paid some attention to me. Sheesh! Feeling a little sick is one thing, but it’s no reason to neglect your pet parrot.

No comments: