Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Found Them!

I did it! I finally found out where the walnuts are kept! It happened like this: While I was paying a brief visit to the kitchen today, my person opened the refrigerator door. That's when I saw them. They were sitting right there on the top shelf, as plain as the beak on your face, right under a brightly shining light bulb. They smiled and winked at me through their plastic wrapping and seemed to be saying, "Come eat us now!" So I stepped onto the refrigerator shelf - that sure felt cold on my toes - and was just reaching out my beak to touch the plastic wrapping when my person grabbed me out of there and slammed the door shut. What a party pooper! Oh, well. At least now I know where the walnuts are. I bet I can get the refrigerator to let me in again. It seems to be a pleasant creature, quite friendly and ... well, not warm, but friendly, anyhow. I don't think it would mind sharing a few walnuts. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: