Friday, September 13, 2013

Fright Flight

OMG. You won't believe what I saw the other day. My heart is pounding just thinking about it. I was hanging out peacefully in the kitchen, sitting on my person's shoulder, when all of a sudden I saw it: A huge hawk, right in our driveway! Of course I took off right away, flying as fast as I could in the other direction. I didn't stop to look where I was going, I just wanted to get away as fast as I could when, suddenly, bam! I slammed into the picture window and dropped to the floor. Ooooooooh, that hurt. That's an experience I don't certainly don't want to have again. My person rushed over and picked me up. I was so shaken I had to spend the rest of the afternoon hiding in my person's shirt. Of course, while I was flying away, my person just stood there like a big doofus. I hope she realizes how lucky she is that the hawk didn't eat her up. Anyway, we are both safe and sound now, but I will be keeping an extra careful watch out for hawks from now on.

No comments: