Monday, April 15, 2013

Obedience

I've posted this request before, but I need to ask again: Does anyone have any tips for training my person? Sometimes it's just so hard to get her to listen, no matter how loudly I squawk. So the other day after she was poking around my cage with the vacuum cleaner, as if that wasn't bad enough, she took my cage off its shelf, then shook out the cloth that covers the shelf. So of course when she tried to put the cloth back I had to walk all around it and chew and poke just to make sure everything was all right. She kept telling me to get out of the way so she could put everything back straight.  She said, "It's just a cloth." Just a cloth! I can't seem to make her understand that once she puts something close to my cage, next to it or underneath it, then it becomes my territory, and I am bound by the parrot code to do everything possible to protect my territory. And that vacuum cleaner! I don't know why she can't keep that nasty roaring thing in the closet where it belongs, or better yet, get it out of the house entirely. But every time I try to suggest this, she just tells me to stop squawking and biting. Sheesh! So if anyone can help me out with any person training tips, I would really appreciate it.

No comments: