Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dog Poetry

Today I'd like to share a poem by a dog I know, Cody. What a minute, I hear you saying, you're letting a DOG on your blog? It's true that I feel it's my duty to squawk at every dog I see, and I certainly prefer dogs to keep their distance. Nevertheless, I feel it's important to recognize talent, whatever the source. And now, without further ado, here's Cody.

A Dog's Life
by Cody

Sniff, sniff, sniff,
I catch a fragrant whiff
Of juicy bone sitting all alone
Inside my dish. . . as if!

Creak, creak, creak,
I hear the can opener squeak,
And I can tell the meaty smell
Of dog food. What a reek!

Jingle, jingle, jingle,
The sound of keys makes me tingle,
To the park in the car, it's not very far.
With other dogs I'll mingle.

Gush, gush, gush,
Into the bath the water does rush.
I'll jump into the tub and get a good rub,
Then fluff out my curls with a brush.

No comments: