Monday, February 16, 2009

Talking

A question I am often asked is, "Do you talk?" Personally, I prefer blogging to talking, in human language, that is. I do spend a good deal of the day squawking in parrot language. There are many parrots who enjoy talking in human language and are quite good at it. My true love, Quentie, for example, is a very talented talker. He likes to say, "How's my quaker?" (His species is quaker parrot.)He also says "Want some broccoli." Both of us just love to eat broccoli. He even says, "Polly wanna cracker!" Quentie can say a lot of things in human language, and so can a lot of other parrots. Then there are parrots like myself who prefer using parrot language most of the time. I do have one human language phrase that I enjoy saying: Pretty bird! I repeat that phrase often, but that's about the only human phrase I use. After all, once you've said Pretty bird! what more is there to say?
What about you? What kinds of things do you like to say?

No comments: