Saturday, September 17, 2011

Good-bye to Summer

The weather has been quite chilly these past couple of days, so I guess summer is on it’s way out. It’s quite cold in the house, especially at night, but I haven’t heard even one rumble out of the furnace yet. It must still be away on vacation. It sure takes a long summer vacation. I’ll be happy when it comes back, but in the meantime I’ve got my nice fluffy down jacket to keep me warm. So I don’t mind if the furnace stays away for a while longer. My person, on the other hand, doesn’t have her own down jacket. She has to use sweaters and blankets to stay warm. Huh. I’m sure glad I’m a fluffy downy parrot.

2 comments:

Kit said...

Shadow -- You and your person might enjoy watching the Perry Mason show "The Case of the Perjured Parrot". A good indoor activity now that the days are getting longer. You can watch ot online at http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/the-case-of-the-perjured-parrot/17um05vx0 .

Shadow said...

Thanks for the tip, Kit. I will check it out. Parrots are gifted actors. It's one of their many talents.